SWITCH to LEED
Windows made with SWITCH Materials photochromic- electrochromic smart film can help your new construction or existing building retrofit qualify for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System® certification credits in a number of areas.
In fact, SWITCH smart film windows can help your project earn 17 LEED® points or more, meaning SWITCH can make the difference between a LEED Certified project and a LEED Gold® project, or a LEED Gold® and a LEED Platinum® project.
Some examples where SWITCH smart windows will contribute to achieving LEED credits are given below.
- Energy and Atmosphere- Credit 1: up to 12 credits.
- These points are awarded for overall building energy performance compared to baseline building performance. Computer models have shown that SWITCH film can reduce energy consumption from air-conditioning by up to 30%. This equates to 10 LEED® points for new buildings and 12 LEED® points for existing building retrofits.
- Indoor Environmental Quality- Credit 6.1, 6.2: 2 credits.
- These points are awarded for providing a high level of lighting system control and thermal comfort control for individual users. By allowing users to switch individual windows from a tinted to clear state, SWITCH smart windows enable users to control the amount of sunlight and solar heat gain in their work area.
- Indoor Environmental Quality- Credit 7.1: 1 credit.
- This point is awarded for providing a comfortable thermal environment that promotes occupant productivity and well-being. By eliminating suffocating solar heat gain SWITCH smart windows can contribute to an improved overall thermal comfort.
- Indoor Environmental Quality- Credit 8.1, 8.2: 2 credits.
- These points are awarded for providing natural daylighting and views of the outdoor environment. SWITCH smart windows preserve the external view and allow in natural light, even while in the fully tinted state. More windows can be installed to provide external views without sacrificing solar heat gain efficiency.
To learn more about how SWITCH can help your project earn LEED® credits please contact firstname.lastname@example.org