Advantages for Owners
For owners and operators there are many advantages to installing SWITCH smart windows beyond reducing the impact of buildings on the environment.
- Sustainable buildings earn higher rents, retain tenants for longer, and have lower vacancy rates.
- Sustainable buildings retain their value longer, and sell for prices much higher than industry standard buildings.
- Sustainable buildings earn a rent premium of 6 per cent and a sale price premium of 35 per cent according to two reports from the University of Reading with data from the CoStar Group, and the New Buildings Institute, sponsored by the US EPA.
SWITCH smart windows also save money for building owners and operators by:
- Significantly reducing solar heat gain and the need for blinds and shades to fight glare,
- Reducing the energy loads from air-conditioning, and
- Allowing more natural light into the building, reducing lighting costs.
SWITCH smart windows have an attractive payback period based on energy savings alone. When the value of higher rents, fewer vacancies and higher sale prices are taken into account it is clear that SWITCH smart windows pay for themselves many times over.