Smart = Green
Improving building energy efficiency is the greatest low-cost opportunity to save money and reduce carbon emissions.
- Buildings consume 68% of all electricity in the US, accounting for 38% of annual CO2 emissions.
- 30% of a building's energy is lost through inneficient windows, according to a 2006 study by the US Department of Energy (DOE).
- Greater than 5% of all CO2 emissions in the US are accounted for by inneficient windows; that’s almost double the CO2 emitted by the entire US airline industry!
- Smart windows can reduce a building’s energy needs by reducing the energy consumed for air-conditioning and by improving natural lighting.
- Business and building owners can save up to $30 billion annually in energy costs by switching to smart windows.
- Smart windows can prevent over 60 million tons of CO2 from being emitted into the atmosphere, helping the planet, and saving you green.
The energy savings from SWITCH's photochromic- electrochromic smart window film will pay for the cost of new windows after a few years. Now that’s smart.